Established in 1983 as a cooperative effort between government, the SA National Council for the Blind and later Autism SA, the Children’s
disABILITY Training Centre is a multi-discipline service provider that aims to support children within the Autism Spectrum and other disabilities and barriers to learning, as well as supporting their families and teachers.
Children with autism (ASD) do not respond to conventional methods of education due to their unique patterns of thinking. By creating awareness and providing focussed training to caregivers and education professionals, it is our belief that we can help these children to reach their full potential.
This is why we concentrate on:
- Diagnostic, consultant & therapeutic services
- Training & upskilling of educators, therapists and parents – SAQA, SACE & SAMA accredited
- Intervention from birth to young adults
- Creating satellite services within impoverished areas
- Follow-up services & ongoing support
- ECD services for toddlers with barriers to learning (Visual Impairment, Autism etc.)
- Stimulation services for toddlers with barriers to learning awaiting acceptance into a service